Training & consultancy
Commission us to provide training and consultancy services, and build the capacity of the wider community to deliver better outcomes for people living with dementia, mental health conditions and carers.
Dementia awareness training
We are experts in dementia with over 30 years’ experience and we know what works. All our training and advice comes from evidence-based practice. We co-produce our training packages and services with people who use, commission and deliver our services.
Our in-depth knowledge combined with our ability to provide practical support, means we can adapt training and activities to meet your needs.
We have a team of dedicated dementia specialists who are passionate about creating dementia friendly environments through our innovative approach to care, and evidence based practice.
If your are an organisation looking to build the knowledge and skills of your workforce around dementia and end of life care, we can be commissioned to provide specialist training courses. We also offer a range of high quality, best practice training, suitable for all professionals who come into contact with and support those with dementia, and their carers. Such as:
- Dementia Awareness Training
- Bespoke training packages (full day)
- Educating nurses, GP’s and carers of the future
- Engagement Training
We also offer a range of Bespoke Micro Sessions, including:
- Dementia and the brain
- Activity and communication
- Distressed behaviour
We provide a wide range of consultancy services to different industry sectors, and are available to work with organisations to offer advice and raise awareness about dementia and best practice in a variety of settings. For example:
- Assistance with developing dementia strategies to help you become more dementia friendly and customer focused
- Support with developing or running a Dementia Action Alliance
- Staff development
- Dedicated facilitation to enable culture change in dementia care
- Setting up dementia groups
Co-production and engagement
Our dedicated co-production team can be commissioned to offer guidance and support around effective methods and approaches to co-producing your services in partnership with people supported. This also includes co-delivering training with our experts by experience. We can offer training in relation to:
- How you can involve people with support needs in recruiting and training your staff
- How you can involve people with support needs in quality auditing
- How to undertake consultation and listening exercises to help inform future planning
- How you can establish peer support groups
Commission us to provide bespoke advice and guidance on specific issues relating to mental health conditions, building the capacity of universal and non-specialist services to have greater knowledge and understanding of how to support individuals effectively – making every contact count.
If you found this page useful, please share and help others find it