Are you looking for a challenge?
Would you like to raise money for charity? Then look no further, fundraise for Making Space and we’ll support you every step of the way!
Taking on a challenge is a great way to raise money for Making Space and it’s so rewarding for you too.
David, 33, has cared for his wife for the last 8 years. He was referred to Making Space for carer support after he visited his local GP after feeling stressed.
David has dedicated the last eight years of his life to caring for his wife. She has a range of mental health problems. Our team support David in his role as a carer, providing him with the practical and emotional support and guidance to assist him.
David says “I visited my local GP a few years ago after I found myself feeling stressed. They gave me an information leaflet for Making Space carer support so I gave them a call. Since my first visit to the service, I have regularly visited a support worker allowing me to share my experiences, as well as being able to meet with other carers and hear their stories.”
“If you’re feeling down, you have the opportunity to meet up for a coffee, even for just an hour’s chat with someone from the service allows you to offload your stress and any pressures you have – making you feel better afterwards.
“Being a carer has left me stronger and more determined. My wife has many complex issues that require a lot of information and knowledge, but it’s important not to give up – take it day by day.”
You can help more people like David.
Look at the list below of our suggested marathons, 10k’s, cycles or treks to give you some inspiration. However, you’re welcome to do any event you wish, they don’t have to be on this list. You can even make up your own challenge. Just make sure you tell us about it and we can help you plan and fundraise to make the most of your amazing efforts!
- Enjoy the beautiful grounds of Arley Hall Cheshire 10k- 21 March 2020: https://www.cheshire10k.com/
- Sign up to take on the Great Manchester Run- 24 May 2020: https://www.greatrun.org/great-manchester-run#choose
- Rock and roll your way for through the Liverpool Rock ‘n’ roll full or half marathon- 23/24 May 2020: https://www.runrocknroll.com/en/Events/Liverpool/Register?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1-ORqIT-5QIVTLDtCh3q0AshEAAYASAAEgI5lvD_BwE
Yorkshire has some amazing half marathons for you to challenge yourself with-
- Sheffield- 29 March 2020: https://www.runforall.com/events/half-marathon/sheffield-half-marathon/
- Leeds- 10 May 2020: https://www.runforall.com/events/half-marathon/leeds-half-marathon/
- Doncaster-7 June 2020: https://www.runforall.com/events/half-marathon/sheffield-half-marathon/
OR maybe you want to take on overseas trek or cycle? Take on the breath-taking landscape of Iceland and trek up a glacier: https://www.charitychallenge.com/expedition/3152/Iceland-Glacier-Trek#tabs
Go on, fundraise for Making Space and change lives in 2020.
If you found this page useful, please share and help others find it