Leaving a gift in your Will
After providing for your loved ones, leaving a gift in your Will to Making Space can help us to secure our future in supporting people with mental health needs, learning disabilities, dementia and the challenges with getting older.
Here at Making Space, we pride ourselves on being an adaptable and caring charity who make a difference in many peoples’ lives. These are uncertain times and we don’t know how health and social care services will change in the coming years. None of us know what the future holds for us and as a charity we want to be around for many years to come to continue to support people who need our help.
If you could leave a gift to us in your Will, it can make a lasting difference to the people we support. It can help us reach more people or simply do more for those we support. Your act of kindness will leave lasting difference to the people we support in so many different ways. You can leave a gift to:
- a particular service that may be close to your heart
- a segment of our support services that you are passionate about, such as mental health, dementia or carers
- Making Space generally where we will use the money to support those who need it most.
A free online will
We have teamed up with makeawillonline to provide our supporters with the chance to make a solicitor-checked will online for free. Every supporter’s Will is checked by a qualified solicitor and you can call their helpline if you have any questions.
Information about your Will that is shared with us includes, when the Will was made and how much has been pledged in any legacy gift. We’d love it if you chose to share your name and details with us too so we can get in touch to say “thank you” and keep you up to date with what we’re up.*
*You can choose to make an online will directly with makeawillonline without sharing any information.
Making a will is important. Even if you consider yourself to not have many savings or possessions, having a will in place can relive many stressful situations and put your loved ones at ease.
- Making clear what your wishes are – If you do not write a will, your estate will be decided by the law. If you have a Will in place, you can make sure you provide for your loved ones without the added stress of them having to deal with lawyers.
- Looking after your partner – If you have never married your partner but would like them to inherit your estate, you need to have this laid out in a Will, otherwise they will be ineligible.
- Having a guardian set up for your children – If the unfortunate situation occurs where your child is left with no parents, you can set out in your will who you wish to take care of them. Otherwise, the court will appoint a guardian.
- You can save on inheritance tax – In some cases, you will be able to reduce the amount of inheritance tax that needs to be paid on your estate if you have a written will.
Making Space is a registered member of ‘Remember A Charity’. You can visit the Remember A Charity website to find a solicitor in your local area who will be able to advise you on leaving gifts to charities when making a Will.
If you already have a solicitor, speak to them and ask them to update your will to include a gift to us in your will. They will take you through the necessary steps to do this. I
Our full charity name and address is: “Making Space”, our charity number is: 512907 and our registered address: Making Space, 46 Allen Street, Warrington, WA2 7JB.
A Will is important to ensure your family and friends are looked after. After this, anything you can give to us will make a great difference to our work in the future.
If you have a large or complicated estate, or if you have complex needs - for example: trust income, property overseas, dependent relatives, or ongoing legal issues – you should speak to a specialist solicitor. Likewise, if you have concerns around mental capacity you should discuss with a solicitor face-to-face. If your estate will be subject to inheritance tax , you should also speak to a solicitor.
If you need a solicitor but don’t have one, please look at the Law Society.
If you want to talk to us more about leaving a gift in your Will, please get in touch with email@example.com or call on 01925 581773.
If you found this page useful, please share and help others find it